Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YUM

So, a good way to save on groceries is to go to couponmom. There is a link there to check your local store's deals. I get on there and compare prices etc. She also has links for printable coupons. Be careful with coupons because if it's something you buy generic of, the generic may be cheaper. Check it out!
I like to plan my meals around what is on sale. Ground beef was on sale last week, so we had Taco Soup.
I love is this Taco Soup. It makes a lot and it's the best Taco Soup I've ever had. Brad and I can eat it for several days. The cans of food are really cheap. I have also made it and frozen the rest for another time.
TACO SOUP
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 package Taco seasoning
3 cups beef broth (i use bouillon cubes to make broth)
1 26 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
16 oz can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups picante sauce

Just brown the meat and drain then dump in all the cans! SUPER easy and SUPER yummy!! We eat it with cheese, fritos, sour cream and olives on top.

2 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

Hey. I will join. Don't know if I can contribute much but I'll try. careyjohnson321@gmail.com

Jen Trost said...

how many bouillon cubes do you use?
Can I join your blog? 1jennylynn@gmail.com