Friday, October 24, 2008

My Favorite Meal

I decided for the first official post I would blog about my favorite dinner. I LOVE roast and mashed potatoes. But it is expensive so here is what I do to make it last almost a whole week.

Day One
Roast Dinner
1 very large pot roast
3-4 cans of cream of chicken soup (the target brand is half the price of campbells)
2-3 cans of water
1-2 packets of beefy onion soup
salt and pepper

Put everything in a crockpot and let it cook for about 6-8 hours. When finished you will have a yummy roast and yummy gravy for mashed potatoes.

Day Two
Leftovers

Day Three
Beef Enchiladas

Take the shredded beef from the roast and add some rice, cheese, and whatever else you like.
I like to make Lime Rice to go with it; I just add some chopped up cilantro and squeeze in some fresh lime it is really good.

Day Four
Okay this one is a little ghetto
Stroganoff

I just take a hamburger helper stroganoff mix and add in some of the roast. It tastes A LOT better with the roast than with hamburger.

You can also use the mean for some sandwiches (which is Steves Favorite).

No comments: